Friday, November 13, 2009

SECTsing the Cherry*



So.... as of last night, things are still going well at 10NL. Above is the graph of my progress since October 12th, when I started 6max. According to HEM, I'm a frigging lucksack. Which is only partially true. I DEFINITELY had a few good suckouts early on. The rest it seems, is pretty much just running well. My big hands are holding up. I'm getting in what I believe are good spots with fish.

Which leads me to this graph:


I read this post by Gugel (anskypoker.com) about a program called SECT. It computes your equity by street, rather than by when you got it all in. Read his explanation, he does it much better than I could. I think the above graph shows a more accurate picture of my play. Yes, I'm still running well overall, but I've been getting in with good equity to begin with, which is what I'm most concerned about. Don't get me wrong, I can still spew with the best of 'em, but I'm really trying to fix whatever leaks I can find.

So on that note.... I'm thinking I might start posting some hands and graphs as I go along. There are already too many of these kinds of blogs out there, but I think I want to do this more for myself to check my progress... and if anyone else is into it, great... if not... fuck you, you're an idiot. If nothing else, it will be a good forum for Waffles to make even more fun of what an absolute fish I am.

*with deepest apologies to Jeanette Winterson for soiling her title

4 comments:

  1. Thanks!

    That SECT utility is very nice.

    Nothing like running good. After looking at my graph I'll never feel back about sucking out on somebody ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am not very smart and graphy like but doesn't the red line being below the blue line mean your getting in as a fish and getting luckier than expected? Is that only one interpretation the other being your getting in good and running higher than expected in those hands holding out? So if both could mean your doing good then wtf do these fishy graphs justify?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell if I know, I just like the pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and you can join the hatahs here, very lively discussion a couple pages in...

    http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=16665

    ReplyDelete