Thursday, November 12, 2009

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!


Sorry for the super long delay in posts (not that anyone reads this drivel anyway). It's not that I haven't been playing, I have been. A lot. A real lot.

Summer Bankroll Challenge decimated my bankroll. I managed to go from a high of around $800 to a low of about $400. Truthfully it had nothing to do with the challenge itself, it was a combination of running really bad and trying to learn to play cash games. I was playing 25NL FR at the time and playing a really high variance LAG style and not playing it all that well...

I moved down to 10NL, lost a bit more, but studied quite a bit. Switched over to 6 max which, for whatever reason seems to be the right move. I also happen to be running super hot. I think I'm at about 10bb/100 over 10k hands right now. I'll save my views on how I'm running for a later post, as I don't think HEM tracks EV in a reliable way.

So last night, I blew past my goal of getting back to $800 thanks to a fish that just could not find the fold button. I got him all in 3 times on the river while he was chasing runner runner gutters. Maybe he was drunk. Maybe he just has $$ to burn. Maybe he just doesn't care about the 50 bucks. All I know is he was paying me off big time. I cashed out about $3 short of my goal after the fish left and decided to fire up a $5.50 18 man sng. 2nd place and I'm somewhere around $820.

My goal now is to move back to 25NL and see how that goes. I still have some serious leaks to fix, but I feel a whole lot more comfortable in a whole lot more situations. Maybe I'll keep this blog updated more often... we'll see.

By my own rules, I'm allowed back in the Mookie. If I drop below $800, I can't join. So.... hopefully see you all on wednesday....

And congratulations to Waffles aka "Super Turbos" for getting sucked out in 4th place last night...



No comments:

Post a Comment