Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Get it together man!

Quick update today, no graph. Not sure what's going on, but it looks like the HH request feature isn't working correctly (or HEM is munching it wrong). I've been downloading my HH at work to post graphs (I play at night at home). The HH beta import shows me at a profit for 25NL. HAH! I wish.

On Friday I fired up FT for a quick session just to pass some time. I broke every one of my rules: don't play tired, don't play while drinking, don't play distracted. Over the last couple months I had strictly adhered to these rules (I've been beer-free for over 2 months) and my results showed it. This weekend I broke the rules and payed for it. I was inches away from crossing the $1k mark. I proceeded to spew 3BI in about 25 hands. And I mean spew. I think I shoved on an UTG raise with AJo. I forget the other hands, but they were equally as bad. I tightened up immediately after that, but the damage was done... run bad set in and I lost another 3 buy ins to cracked AA, cracked KK and a couple messed up coolers. What should have been a fun 1/2 hour of poker turned into a 6 hr session trying to make my $$ back. By 3am I was 1/2 way there but couldn't stay awake any longer. It was too bad too. I had a talker to my right that was down $1400 according to PTR (at least $200 of it that night at my table) that was pretty much giving $$ away. He rivered me a couple times so it was pretty swingy, but ended up on that table.

I took Saturday off, but Sunday went no better. Again, I was tired, drinking, not making the best decisions, and not running well.

I took a couple days off and last night got back to basics. No beer, kept the session short, and played a decent 21/19 game. Was up to about $45 and ready to quit when I got KK on the button, raised the CO limper and BB who were both 45/0 spazzes, BB shoves for 30 something bucks, I insta call and he shows A9o (which was actually the frigging TOP of his range). He had slow played every big hand he had previously, so when he shoved I knew I was way ahead. Of course he turns an A, but I'm happy to get it in with odds like that. I stuck around for a few more minutes, but I had made up my mind to log out, and that's what I did. Spazoid hit-and-ran right after he won with his A9 anyway, so the table became much less profitable.

So I'm 4 BI down from my high point, and looking to grind back up (and beyond). Hopefully I'll be able to control the spew sessions and get back to the steady upward graph that I know and love.

Have a groovy holiday all. Hopefully I'll have a few minutes to play, as I know this will be a fish filled few days, but will be tough to get away from the family (because I enjoy their company, not because I need to get away).


No comments:

Post a Comment