Monday, November 30, 2009

1k goal reached

Got to play poker pretty much all through t-giving. I grabbed an extra airport base station from work and installed it at mom-in-laws and was up and running in no time. I ran way below EV, but managed to play well enough to stay even (get stacked by river 1 outer, work back up, get stacked by river 3 outer, work back up, rinse, repeat). My hands finally started holding up and I ended up passing the 1K mark for total earnings. The good thing about the past weekend is I'm finally playing a solid game. I'm feeling pretty comfortable now in 25NL and looking toward 50NL somewhere around the 1500 - 2000 mark. Just have to stay focused and keep grinding it out.

I don't have a screenshot of my HEM graph, but here's my PTR graph in it's place:


The low point/blue dot is where I started 10NL 6 max. The yellow dot at the top is close to where I started 25NL. The dip after the yellow dot is where I spewed all those chips.... pretty sure I'll be able to control that from here on out... Even with all that, I seem to be running at about 3.12BB/100 at 25NL - only 5k hands, so doesn't mean much, but at least I'm on an upward trend for now.

My goal at this point is to make it to 100NL. From what I understand the game at 200NL and above starts to change pretty drastically. I don't think I have the time/energy to dump into making a profitable run at higher stakes. Hey, I'm such a fish now, I shouldn't even be thinking about it, but there you go. I learned a long time ago to not put any time or number of hands constraints on my goals, but I am trying to practice good bankroll management and if I go on a downturn, it's back to 10NL until I'm back up. I have the time. I have the desire. Guess I'll find out if I have the chops...

No comments:

Post a Comment