Thursday, October 14, 2010

Takin a break

I'm takin a break from poker. Pretty much even for the month. Hooked another project that will keep me working crazy hours until December and I'm not feeling the poker thing like I used to. As a matter of fact, this last week I haven't played at all and I feel great. I don't stay up late, I don't wake up feeling like crap because I won or lost.

I went ahead and bought my new sax even though I didn't hit my target - added my live winnings to the mix and I'm close enough. Coming in the mail today. New and creative ways to bug the crap out of my wife and kid.

I'll give poker a bit of a rest and probably just go back to what I used to do... a couple sit and gos here and there, mookie when I can, maybe a tourney here and there... I'd like it to be fun again, not a second job.

4 comments:

  1. I'd like it to be fun again, not a second job

    Exactly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the other side of the infatuation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh, wish I could say I was glad to be here ;)

    I'll still be around, just not gonna kill myself like I used to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW - dumbass that I am... I ordered the wrong finish on the sax - have to send it back and wait 2 more weeks for the correct one. Lucky I don't run my business this way, or I'd be in deep shit.

    ReplyDelete