Thursday, November 4, 2010

Quickie update

Couldn't stay away for too long... been playing a bit here and there, but only when I'm feeling it - haven't been forcing it. Seems to be working out. Doubled my BR since last post. It really helps that my EV has been flat, big hands have been holding, but more so that I've been following my own rules - stop when tired, don't play tired, keep emotions out of decisions. My sessions have been an hour or less, then I quit for the night. It also seems like there has been an influx of bad players. Anyone else notice that, or am I just getting lucky with my tables?

4 comments:

  1. I don't know about an influx of bad players, but I do know that when I am in a "I don't care" mood, I play like crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're doubling your BR in that short of time, you're probably playing too high.

    -DrC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not playing too high doc - 25NL. I've been averaging 2-3 BI per session, with a couple 4BI runs. It took no time at all and never put myself at risk. I used to have excellent BR management (before I imploded this year), my aim is to follow my rules again and not put stress on myself and have some fun again, dammit.

    And as always waffles is right on the money...

    ReplyDelete