Monday, October 4, 2010

Can I win a 95/5 just once?

Apparently not. I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but for some reason Friday nights are my absolute worst for poker. The crazies come out of the woodwork to gamble it up and I end up losing every pot I enter. This last Friday was no exception. -5 BI in my worst night of suckouts and coolers in a long time. I won't bore you with the details, we'll just agree it was ugly and move on....

Good news is there was no tilt. Just moved from one hand to the next, playing the best I could.

Saturday I got about 1 BI back, last night was break even. I did have one guy rr me on an 88T board, then CALLED my shove with JQo. Unfortunately I couldn't find any more good situations for that station. That got me back to break even, as a few minutes previously I had AA cracked by 66 aipf. Tons of hit and runners out these days as well. Gets pretty frustrating, but it does feel good when you have them tagged and know their m.o. and stack them.

Not a great start, but it can only get better from here, right? Right? Hello?

6 comments:

  1. Friday nights seem to suck the most for me as well. It can be extremely frustrating. Watching people win hand after hand calling down a not so obvious bluff with 3rd pair and a busted flush draw or the all in preflop with aces to watch as J9s gets there. I have no idea what it is with Friday night, but I'm seriously considering making it poker free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. It only gets worse. See you in Vegas!

    -DrC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually did give up fridays for a while... time to do it again. Saturdays and Sundays are usually pretty great, plus I normally do ok during the week, so I'll stick with that.... Nice to see it's not just me. (ok waffles, time to insert scathing comment :P)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friday nights are frustrating as hell, for sure. Only Monday mornings are worse, but for different reasons.

    /j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry a little slow. Um. I used you suck. I already told you I am going to take all your money.. um... Damn I am running out of ways to tell you to quit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't quit until you have all my money. And "slow" is just a pc way of describing your condition...

    ReplyDelete