Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Someone punched me in the nose...




Cut the side/tip of my finger off with an xacto knife, bled all over the place, wrapped it up with paper towel, still bled, made a rubber band tourniquet, still bled, sent a friend around the corner for some bandages, started feeling a bit lightheaded, wake up and the EMTs are there, the girls down the hall called 911 when they found me with my legs hanging out of the hallway bathroom. When the EMTs asked what was wrong, I held up my finger and said "I got a boo boo". The EMTs didn't laugh. Went to the ER later and bled all over the triage nurse. She sent me to a doc and I bled all over her. She packed it full of cellulose and wrapped it up and I didn't pass out again. I think I was sent to Super Weenie General. The guy next to me was in because a cat scratched his ankle.



I have ruined yet another date with my wife. My daughter was at a sleepover and my wife was on her way to meet me at the movie theater to see Avatar when I did this. I'm cursed.

The best part? I had printed out Small Stakes Holdem and was cutting a cover for it. My wife loved that.

7 comments:

  1. In my professional medical opinion, you are, in fact, a weenie.

    LOL - seriously though, I hope the loss of consciousness was due to weenieness (an accepted medical term) and not blood loss.

    Glad you're ok.

    -DrC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fairly certain it was blood loss, as I've never been squeamish before (I give blood all the time, and my monthly just makes me bitchy), and I lost a buttload (accepted medical term). Having said that, I have no idea how much you have to lose before you go down, and hey, I'll be the first to admit my awesome weenieness, so whatever. If you were in my shoes I'm sure you'd pass out if you had to deal with some of the directors/producers I've worked with... :P

    And thanks, it sounds worse than it was I think, more embarrassing than deadly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary stuff. I don't like being unconscious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The burning question though is: did your wife see Avatar anyways?

    Hope your ok retard. At least you have seven more tentacles. I am totally bad with blood. I always faint when I give blood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nah, I have the most awesomest wife in the world. She met me at my office + we went to the ER together. Pretty romantic, eh?
    At least I wasn't the most pathetic one there... that dude with the cat scratch was a piece of work.

    And thanks, already healing nicely. Contemplating posting gnarly pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wife sounds like a serious keeper. Glad it's nothing worse than a mild case of weenie-itis.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Julkeus here. Just got your post from two or three weeks ago. hahaha. I need to get back to blogging. It was nice playing with you too especially knowing you are from brooklyn. I went back and played the Mookie last night and took it down this time! I took one down for the Team. Broooooooklyn! See you there, sorry for the long silence this is my first time logging since forever... Sorry about your finger. Happens to the best of us.

    See you at the Mookie,
    KJ

    ReplyDelete