Saturday, April 2, 2011

Gone fishin'

Going through a bunch of my old art supplies this weekend. Started drawing and painting again after a long hiatus. Found something that made me chuckle:






Yup. Fish eggs. As with many artists, I use a tackle box for my art supplies. But in my case, I've had the same tackle box since I was 9 or 10. That jar of fish bait has been in there at least that long. 35 year old eggs. Think they'd get me a good price on the Chinese black market?

Here's my trusty Old Pal box:






Under it is a newer tackle box. I got that one when I was 12.

3 comments:

  1. Sweet. Just sweet. In a good way. Makes me wish I still had mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @mojo - I used to do large semi-representational paintings. Showed at a bunch of group shows here (nyc), pretty much stopped when i started my company + had my kid. Right now I'm just drawing for my and my 10 yr old's pleasure. I make her a drawing or painting every day and slip it in her lunchbox. Truthfully, I'm as inspired by her as she is in me. Right now, I'm just doing some illustrations, crazy toons, anything that will make both of us laugh... :)

    @bastin I was thinking of you as I posted that. I've been in and out of the art world for ages, so I love reading what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete