Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekend Update


Monster sore throat/earache kept me indoors all weekend, but all the tough poker players know you have to ignore the pain and play through it. I on the other hand took off work and cuddled with my wubby wabbity. After a lovely scented bubbly bath, I logged on at about 11 Friday night, dug myself into a hole at what I felt were soft tables, worked patiently at getting back to even and folded A LOT, and finally hit a couple hands in a row to put me above ground. It only took until 4am and @700 hands to do that. Waffles is right... I am the King of Morons... (does that mean I get more than 1 wife?)

Between Saturday and Sunday I played a few smaller sessions, and managed to build up pretty steadily. My only major suckout was QQ vs KK (Q on the river, biatch!). I was on the verge of folding, since the guy had never even 3bet me, let alone try to get in in... I knew this was AA or KK and should have dumped, but I didn't. Against a more aggressive player it's an instacall, against a tightie weakie, intsafold. Exactly 2 hands later I get AA vs AK. Pokerz are ez.

Since Thanksgiving I've chalked up an lol 35bb/100 winrate. I know I can't do that forever, but damn, it's nice wile it's lasting. My overall EV is about even, so I guess this run is due to good table selection and plenty of fish at 25NL more than anything else. I've been good about getting out if the fish leave or if I feel I'm at any kind of disadvantage (past the ones I was born with... luckily my opponents can's see my hideous disfigurements online).

I'm pretty much rolled for 50NL (that didn't take long!), but I'm going to test it out slowly. The TAG to fish ratio is much worse at 50NL from what I've seen so far. I played 1 table for about 50 hands this weekend, and it seemed it was 5 Tags vs 1 fishie. I left when he was eaten - not by me unfortunately, but still managed to be up by $5. So for now, I'll continue to take little stabs until I feel comfortable, and try not to freak out and spew like I did with my transition to 25NL. Yeesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment